Postoperative care at ELITE CARE HOME HEALTH AGENCY LLC provides your loved ones the care they need after a surgical procedure. Our care providers will get in touch with your loved one’s physician to ensure that they are getting the type of care that they deserve, as well as determine your loved one’s health condition.
The care providers will monitor your loved one’s vital signs, check for side effects from the anesthesia, as well as provide pain management and wound care. The patients who receive surgical treatments not only benefit from close observation subsequent to an operation but experience a sense of comfort during the healing process knowing that compassionate, post-surgery care is readily available. Seniors who are unable to provide self-care can rely on non-medical caregivers to lend a helping hand.
Skilled Care Services:
Post-Operative Skilled Care services are performed by a Registered Nurse (RN) and/or a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) who specialize in surgical aftercare. Our post-operative skilled care includes:
- Medication management
- Ongoing support and review of post-surgical instructions
- Passive range of motion assistance (according to physician’s protocol)
- Attachment of continuous motion machine (or any other devices)
- Skilled observation and assessment
- Surgical site care/wound care
- Pain management
Additional Post-Operative Services:
We can also refer a Home Health Aide (HHA), Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), or Companion to help with other services that might be useful during your surgery recovery time, as follows:
- Meal preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Personal care: bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting
- Assistance with walking and transferring (to bed, chair, etc.)
- Overnight care
- Prescription pickup
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to and from the surgical center for the procedure, as well as follow-up appointments, and physical therapy appointments
Got any Questions?
We’re always ready to answer your concerns, and we offer free in-home assessments, so get in touch with us today.