When Alzheimer’s disease worsens, the patient may exhibit agitation or aggression, and it is typically motivated by something. Try to identify the cause when they occur.
If the causes are adequately addressed, the behavior might stop. The patient can be experiencing constipation, melancholy, stress, excruciating pain, or even soiled underpants.
The same goes for a rapid change in a familiar setting or habit, too much noise or chaos, or too many people in his immediate vicinity. His situation may become worse if he is merely lonely and does not have enough interaction with his loved ones.
The 24-hour care we offer for seniors with this illness includes the following:
- Reassurance that the caregiver understands his worries and frustrations by listening to him and speaking softly.
- Give the individual as much control as they can over the current circumstance.
- Along with various activities, we schedule some quiet time during the day.
- Maintain a daily routine that includes bathing, dressing, and eating at the same time.
- Reading, taking walks, listening to calming music, and using soft touch.
On the other hand, look for a means to take a break from caring for others. The respite care in Orlando, Florida, which we also deliver, is constantly available to allow family caregivers a breather.
Finding skilled nursing in Florida would also be a great alternative while you are enjoying your break. Contact Elite Care Home Health Agency LLC for more information about our Alzheimer’s care services.
Leave a Reply